Monday, June 9, 2014

There is Beauty All Around

Hey Guys,

Missionary Correlation Meeting outside!
Had a great week this week! Last Monday we were able to have family home evening with a member after our P-Day. It was great! He showed us pictures of when he was first baptized and how the church was back quite a few years ago. 

We also block knocked into an English student the other day, as she was reading the bible. I knocked on the door, not knowing who's door it was. Through the door an older woman said, who is it? I replied that we are missionaries and before I could finish, this lady was overjoyed and opened the door for us to go in. She fed us this apple pie stuff and this ice cream with blackberries, that was to die for haha. We taught her the first lesson and she seems to like our religion, but doesn't want to get baptized into another church because she has already been baptized once into a church already and doesn't want to change.

On Sunday I had the opportunity to bless the bread in Romanian for the first time. It was pretty scary because most of the words are hard to pronounce, but I, some how, managed to get it right the first time, so that was a relief. 

A scripture, that I had found I'd marked previously when I came into the country, has really helped me when times are hard and consider it one of my favorite verses in the bible.
Isaiah 41: 10 Fear thou not; for am with thee: be not dismayed; for am thy God: will strengthen thee; yea, will help thee; yea, will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

I hope all of you have a great week and I love you all!

<3 Elder Houk 



People painting on the outside of a building.

1 comment:

  1. That is one of my favorite Scriptures! Thanks for reminding me of it today. Wish I had it yesterday for my lesson.

    ReplyDelete