Monday, October 13, 2014

Cel Mai Bun Săptămână


Buna Ziua! (Hello!)

I had the cel mai bine (best) things happen this week.
When we were traveling on the street we met an old man, who was so thankful that we gave him a Book of Mormon. I think he would be a great Old Man Disney character.  He would look at us and hug the book and look up towards the sky as if he was praying and then shake his body with glee. He did this several times and even gave us a picture of himself, when he was 18 years old! Dont ask me why he had a picture of himself when he was 18, or why he gave it to us, but he did. He also explained to us that we need wives and not...each...other. hahaha. Needless to say we explained that we were, well, straight and that we are just friends. haha It was the most interesting "contact" I ve ever had! haha

Brasov sign in distance
We also met with a lady named Rebbeca. When we were streetboarding she noticed the Book of Mormon on the board. She gave us her number and we met with her. She said that she had gone to church once before and met with the sisters, but somehow lost contact. She was so thankful, she said, that she found us again. The best part of the lesson was when she expressed to us that whenever she went to church and met with the sisters, she never felt the need to smoke! And she said she smokes a lot. She said, "Look, even right now, when I am with you guys, I don't feel like I need to go smoke! I'm not thinking about when this meeting is going to be over or when the next chance I will get to go and smoke. She said "Look, I only drank one cup of coffee and and that's it! This is such a weird thing for me, but I like it!" It was by far the coolest lesson that I have had with someone. All I can say is that I know that it is the Spirit that teaches people and not us!

Beautiful fall colors!
Our President has told us "Let's do it with Gusto!" So that is what we are going to do. Put your heart into your work and know what you want! If you have the faith, it will happen!
Love you guys and hope you have a great week!

Elder Houk






       
I got to chop off a CHICKEN'S HEAD!!! hahahahaha it was great!
 I even caught it in my hands! 

I'm not the first missionary she had cut off a chickens head. Apparently at one time they had a
bunch of missionaries come over and cut like 30 of them or something haha.
 Sister Miron finished out the task of plucking and cutting for Sunday dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment