Monday, October 27, 2014

Bye Bye Brasov!

Hey Guys,

Today, the city is one of the most important academic, cultural, industrial and business 
centers in Romania. Among other institutions, it hosts the country's largest university, 
Babeș-Bolyai Universitywith its famous botanical gardennationally renowned cultural
 institutions; as well as the largest Romanian-owned commercial bank. According to the 
American magazine InformationWeek, Cluj-Napoca is quickly becoming 
Romania's technopolis.
Wow, so I have some news! I am leaving Brasov and going to Cluj! I am finally leaving my first area. This is really weird to me because Brasov just feels like my home away 
from home. I'm a little nervous and excited for what's to come. I'm sad to leave Brasov, but I know that this new area is where I need to be. I've heard that this city competes with Brasov for the most beautiful city in Romania, and I heard that they have the largest branch there out of all of Romania. 

I have some pretty crazy plans on how I'm getting there: On Wednesday, I leave to go to Bucharest with my companion at 4:50 in the morning. I'm then going to stay there all day in Bucharest until 6:40 at night. Then I will take a 10 hour train ride, overnight, and get into Cluj at 4:13 in the morning. 24 hour trip, Let's GO! haha 

On Sunday, I said goodbye to all the members and grabbed as many pictures as I could. I hope to come back and visit, after my mission for sure!

We also had 2 baptisms this week! An 8 year old girl and a 9 year old boy were baptized and confirmed this weekend! It was a great experience. I had the opportunity of being one of the witnesses for both the baptisms.

This week was great and now that change is coming, it will be even more of an experience! I'm thankful for all your love and support and I hope you have a great week!

-Elder Houk 

Sunrise from our window
Frost on half of the mountain. Getting cold!
Frate Croitoru
Frate Jenica
Levi
Mihai- 13 year old brother to Ovidu who was baptized.
Emma
Elder Weaver and Sora Miron - Emma's mother
Branch President Mesco
Mesco's baby
Ovidu and Raul
Michaiel, He's visiting from Spain with Emma's sister.
And of course, The Bairs
Brasov district bowling joined by the Miron sisters and friend Michael.
This is my good luck bowling shirt!
Batman and Hulk
And the winner is...

No comments:

Post a Comment