Monday, July 20, 2015

Birthday Week

Hey Guys!

mom and dad missing their boy
Thanks again for all the Birthday Wishes. You guys are Awesome! 

So some of you guys wanted to know what I did for my birthday. I had a great day! I wanted to make it a great day full of work and that's what I did. We met with an eternal investigator at the beginning of the day and then right after that met with our investigator Rainov. We had KFC for lunch while playing ping pong with him. We traveled over to a members house right after that and visited with her for a while. She claims to be our mom or grandma away from home. She fed us some sweets. We then went to the store afterwards and I bought myself a whole tub of chocolate-mint ice cream and some spoons and ate it out in the sun in front of the store. I contacted a lady and gave her a spoon that I bought and she was surprisingly thankful that I had given her the spoon. She also wanted to learn English. She might have been crazy. Then we played some basketball with some of those guys we met at the park. We also hackey-sacked with them as well. They want to come to English too. Then went home and drank some banana milk and called it a day.
 
This last Friday, we went down to Bucharest for MLC or Mission Leadership Council. It was a good experience. I was definitely tired afterward. It was a meeting from 10am to 5pm. Then took a train back to Galati at 630 and got home around 1030pm. 

Our investigator Rainov met with us and the Branch Pres. this week and he had a LOT of questions about things. We cleared up just about all of them and he said that he will reload and get some more for later. haha So he may not be making any covenants soon, but we are hoping that as we help him to understand that his questions can be answered through prayer, that his testimony will grow and he will be able to keep progressing. 

That's my update for this week! Love you guys and I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Houk  

No comments:

Post a Comment