Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Hey Guys,

    So this week was great! We had three lessons with Gabi, in a row! On Tuesday, we taught him about how praying daily is important and at the end of the lesson my companion asked him if he would pray daily and he said that he would try. I then asked him, if he would, in his nightly prayer tonight, ask if the Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith was a prophet. He answered with "Am rugat" (I Prayed) (pause for effect) and he said "E, e adevarat" (It's, it's true) My response was "Bine" (an expression used like "alright") And my companion was like "Whoa!" and then it hit me, what he actually said, and I was like "Whoa!" It was so awesome and so unexpected. From there he wanted to learn more about tithing and prophets and said he wanted to meet more often. We asked him if he would pray for a date to be baptized and he said that he would. He was also having a health issue, that we noticed throughout the lesson, and we asked him if he wanted a blessing and he said he did. I anointed and my companion sealed the blessing. It was a great experience and was definitely the best lesson I have had on my mission! 

    The other two lessons we went over some commandments and things. He said that he just doesn't have enough courage right now to set a date for baptism. He hasn't even told his family about his decision to get baptized. So we are hoping to meet with him more this week and continue to teach him about the gospel and build his faith in Jesus Christ, so one day he will take that leap of faith in entering the waters of baptism.
    
    I'm starting to actually build relationships with people now, because I can finally figure out, somewhat, what people are saying to me and its really cool! And I will be living here, in the same place in Brașov (Bra-sh-o-v, long o) for the next six weeks with the same companion.


    The rest of the week was fairly normal except I got to talk to my family via Skype! So fantawesomagnifisant! Hope you all have a great week!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all you moms!!!

-Elder Houk

Message from his mother~
Getting to Skype with Blair was the highlight of my weekend. I was so impressed by his enthusiasm and positivity. He is learning so much about himself and how to be independent and budget his time and money, as well as learning about the Romanian culture and language. As we were saying goodbye he said the closing prayer in Romanian. I was overwhelmed with emotion at his ability to speak so quickly and fluently. 
As much as I miss my boy, there is no other place I would want my son right now. He loves the Lord and is His obedient servant. I love him with all my heart!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment