Monday, July 28, 2014

Pressing Forward

Hey Guys,

 This week was a week alright. haha. So we have been trying to find people that have stopped coming to church (less actives) and see if they want to start coming again. We have been trying to see if we could find anybody that is on this list that we got and either they weren't home, didn't answer the phone, or didn't want to see us, unfortunately. But  the other day, this man who was smoking and drinking stopped us and said that he was baptized in England and wanted us to baptize his wife. Unfortunately, he works all week and didn't come to church on Sunday, but we still have hope. 

On exchanges this week, my companion and the other missionary met with Gabi, who we haven't been able to get in touch with for a while, and he set a baptismal date! He said that he knew it is true, but his family still doesn't know. Unfortunately, he also didn't come to church and canceled an appointment we had with him twice. 

Today, I got a haircut and the lady who cut my hair was interested in why we were here and what we are doing as missionaries and all that jazz and I was able to pretty much explain the Restoration to her simply. She wanted me to speak in English because she knew English and she knew it was easier for me, but before she asked if I wanted to speak in English to her I said, in Romanian, that I wanted to learn so I just tried to speak Romanian. We exchanged numbers and she seemed really cool, so I hope she becomes interested.

We also went to Sapte Scari today, for my second time. It was really fun and got a lot of pictures! Okay, hope you guys have a great week!

-Elder Houk
The Seven Ladders Canyon (RomanianCanionul Șapte Scări) is a mountainous canyon carved by the Șapte Scări Brook in Romania in the county of Brașov, south of Timișu de Jos village. It is considered to be one of the main tourist attractions from the Piatra Mare massif.[1]
The canyon has been carved in limestone and is composed by seven waterfalls, the tallest having 35 metres (115 ft) high. The trail within the canyon is arranged with metal stairs and platforms.[1]







To see more pics from this hike go to top of blog and click tab labeled Sapte Scari Hike Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment