Monday, August 4, 2014

"Expecting" Changes This Transfer

Hey Guys,

So this week was pretty crazy. First of all this last week we found out where we are going and who our new companion is...and.....I'm staying in Brasov...Again! anddddddd I'M PREGNANT! With a child of my own! haha. I will be training a new missionary that is coming in! So this is pretty exciting and nerve-racking news. Of course the question, "Am I ready for this?" comes to mind. So I will have to be relying on the Lord to help me teach this new missionary right and be able to survive in the process haha. 

This week we also met with a man who is of the Seventh Day Adventist faith. He was interested in what we believe, but he also seemed to have another purpose to meet with us also, if you know what I mean. But he was very nice about it. 

Later that week, we were walking on the street and a man stopped us and was asking a lot of questions to try to "disprove" us or our religion. We were able to explain what we believe and understand each other a little better. He said that he wants to meet again and that he wants to send me a video of a sermon that we can talk about later. We gave him our number and he actually called us and wanted to meet over lunch and get to know each other. He even knew English for me and Italian for my companion. haha I looked at my companion after the phone call and was like,"This guy is speaking each of our languages and wants to meet and discuss religion, he is US!" haha 


So at the beginning of this transfer I made some guacamole for my companion and he loved it and told me "I want to make a pasta sauce out of this!" So here we are, last week of the transfer and WE DID IT!!! GUACAMOLE PASTA! and guess what, IT was GOOOD! haha will definitely be a recipe to remember! 

So that pretty much wraps up this week! I hope you guys have a great one and I'll talk to you later!
-Elder Houk (Bucătarul)(chef)

What a nice surprise to get an email from a Utah woman who was bringing her 16 year old son to visit Romania to meet his birth parents. She saw the missionaries and the Senior Couple, took a picture and emailed all of the families. Looks like a yummy place to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment