Monday, September 1, 2014

Lending A Voice

Hey Guys,

This week was good!! We kept meeting with the people I told you about last week, and they are doing good. 

On Thursday I had the opportunity to do some service for someone, by lending him my voice for a few hours. So we met this guy on the street and he said he needed help with the making of an environment video and he needs an American voice. We took this as a service project and this week we got to meet with him and do it. I spoke for about 3 and a half hours. The guy chose me to do it because, let's face it, I have a beautiful voice, but I digress. haha. This ended up being an interesting experience. At first it was just a normal environment video thing and, you know, the humans are destroying the earth and all that good stuff, but then I got into the middle of his dialog and all of a sudden the line "Hitler was a racist, but I'm not" got thrown in there. And from there it just started going down hill. He wants to reduce the number of people on the earth to 1 billion by limiting only "Beautiful, Athletic, and Healthy" people to procreate and teach everyone else how not to. But anyway, haha, He is going to claim that my voice is his so I guess its all good, haha. He will send me the link, he said, when he finishes it. It might take him up to a year to make it so don't expect it anytime soon haha. We did have a lesson about the restoration with him after and left him with a Book Of Mormon, so maybe he will become an investigator?

But we are having fun here and doing our best to bring people unto Christ. I hope you all have a great week and enjoy Labor Day!

-Elder Houk
The word HOSPICE is spelled in dozens of clay figurines all made by one man.
A possible fundraiser? Blair didn't know.






No comments:

Post a Comment