Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Countdown Challenge

Hey Guys,

This last week was a little stressful with a lot of stuff going on but we ended it great with our mission wide conference up in Brasov. We went up to Busteni and climbed a mountain and got to see a water fall as well as stay in a hotel. We had a testimony meeting that next morning and then bussed over from Busteni to Brasov. Where we gathered as a mission to listen to President Ivory and his family speak. The main topic of discussion was the BOM. 

Pres. Ivory (orange shoelaces) getting missionaries ready for hike in the Transylvania Alps

Elders in front of waterfall
Ahh! Friends together again. Elder Bateman, Elder Houk, and Elder Weaver
The Romania/Moldova Mission at Bran Castle in Brasov
We have been challenged to read the BOM in 84 days through an outlined chart that has been provided. This is pretty cool and weird for me at the same time because at the end of the 84 days, I finish my mission. So I will finish the BOM and my mission at the same time. I'm actually pretty dang excited to read the BOM this fast because I think this will be the first book that I will read that didn't take longer than a year! 

Oh yea, so I will be staying here in Galati for another transfer with the same companion as last time. We are planning on having 2 baptisms this week here. One for our investigator Cornel and the other is an 8 year old boy! I also talked to my other investigator Rainov on the way back from Brasov and he expressed to me that he would like me to baptize him into the church as well. So we will have another baptism for him coming soon! 

Thank you guys for being awesome and I hope that you all have a great week! :)
ELDER HOUK


We invite you and your family to join us in our Book of Mormon journey by reading the Book of Mormon every day for 84 days, starting August 19th. 

Right click to save image to computer to save your own
The latin means "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

No comments:

Post a Comment