Thursday, April 3, 2014

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

November 19, 2013




  This was the day that we have talked about since Blair was a little boy. The day that seems so far away and yet sneaks up on you so quickly you want to change your mind. 

  Intellectually, you know that you want your children to grow up and move out and become independent adults. 
  Emotionally, you want those days of little league baseball and scraped up knees back.  
  Parting is sweet sorrow because I was so sad to give my baby away to strangers. To watch him walk away until I couldn't see him anymore will be forever etched in my mind. When I saw that sweet smile looking back at me I couldn't hold back tears. 
  The sweet part is that although Blair is nervous, he is ready for the challenge and that makes me happy for him and the experiences he will have. I am excited to meet the young man he will become. 
  I know that God has a plan for Blair and that he will benefit as much or more as the people he will serve in Romania.


No comments:

Post a Comment